Tuesday 2 November 2010

Dickens Resources

I promised to post something here relating to Dickens and the Victorian novel. Here is a list of online resources that you might find useful and reliable. Most of all, though, I'd recommend this Stanford University website, which gives a guide to Great Expectations, in sections, that you can also print. I think you might find this a very useful resource as you read the remaining chapters. It also has pdf files of the original serialisation of the novel in the review that Dickens himself edited. There are also maps, to help you understand where the characters are going and the events unfolding. These won't load on my computer for some reason, but you might have better luck (or better computing skills).

More on Dickens and the Victorians soon, I promise!

Pip enjoying his Christmas dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment